Friday, December 11, 2009

Reflections on BEDUC 566 -- Last day

Keri's presentation was amazing. I don't understand how she got her wii controller to work with her laptop and project everything onto a whiteboard, but her presentation was inspiring. There is a good chance that wherever I end up, I will be cash-strapped and being able to create something so neat and useful for my classroom for less than 100 bucks...that is really cool.

After class I was thinking about Astrobiology and the presentation that Jeff gave our class. I was thinking about how he said microbiology, astronomy and other sciences have to learn how to communicate with each other. Everything interacts in our world, so why is the language so specific for each discipline? I was thinking about what I would do if I for some reason had to couple up with a math teacher...how would we teach both English and Math in a unit? Then I thought about Edie, CarolAnne, and Michael's digistory about coffee filters. They applied math into real life. English deals with real life...so it should be possible to create some sort of interesting unit with both English and Math.

Sort of sad the class is over. I was surprised I liked a tech class so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment