Monday, November 2, 2009

Reflections on BEDUC 566 #5

What I most enjoyed about class last Friday was the amount of time we had surfing the net looking for resources. I found a ton of useful sites. One thing I am learning through experiences in this class is how to better evaluate websites. I think that I am simply becoming better at this through forced experience on the web. I am questioning sites...what are their resources? Who wrote the site? is it a .org or .edu?

One thing that I am worried about is the group project. I enjoy working with others (as long as they are equally dedicated and I don't have to pull the weight), but I am a little shy and worried about asking someone to be my partner. I have a couple of ideas, so we'll see.

I am really excited about our portfolio project and I am excited about working on the executive summary because the article I read on Rappin' Reader and Say Say Oh Playmate was awesome. I personally want to use the Rappin' Reader, sounds fun. The questions I had about the executive summary were answered last Thursday.

Something I have a question about? I'm not sure this week. Our class is of course very hands-on and I like that. I learn a lot more from doing or listening...rather than reading. We have addressed the different learning styles in the classroom before, and I am seeing how it can target three of the learning types: visual, auditory and kinesthetic.

Oh, just thought of something...I would like to hear about ways you can combat principles who are not supportive of technology in the classroom. Robin was talking about how some schools are resistant to it...what are some of the ways to combat that?

1 comment:

  1. Remind me on Thursday and I will answer your question of how to combat resistance to technology.

    ReplyDelete