Monday, November 23, 2009

Reflections on BEDUC566 #8

For our last class we talked about upcoming papers/projects. I found two people to work on my digital story with and found an article for my second executive summary. It was nice to have class time devoted to working. I'm looking forward to working on my digital story project. It will also be nice to get my first executive summary back so that I have a better understanding of what's expected for summary #2.

My main concern right now is deciding on a "big topic" for our digital story. Issues discussed so far are: WWII (experience in Netherlands/how to teach with technology...Anne Frank, Netherlands, biologically what happened to the Jews in the concentration camps); possibly focus on the Northwest (interest being in Native American literature, living conditions, history)...those are two topics our group of 3 brought up. We are composed of an English endorsee (?), Social studies endorsee, and a Biology endorsee. Whatever topic we choose it will be interdisciplinary education w/technology. Are these "big topics?" Or at least big enough for this project? WWII is huge, so we thought of narrowing it down to experience in the Netherlands. Native American history is huge, so we thought of focusing on our area of the country, the Pacific Northwest.

No comments:

Post a Comment