Thursday, October 15, 2009

METEDL #7

Today's technology experiences? Called Spain to find about about bedding in a hotel room. Got calls, several...used a fax machine, made coffee, made tea, used a calculator for currency exchange calculations & sq meter to sq ft calculations, drove my car, turned on a light, and have been using the Internet all morning long.

Last night we watched a movie off of the laptop from Netflix. It was great, called "The Woods."

I must say that I have changed my view on technology. I was always last to get the new thing. My friends bugged me forever to get a cell phone. They didn't want to leave messages on a landline all the time. We have a used, super old laptop handed down from my father-in-law. We would've never bought one (a computer) on our own. We have a tv from my grandparents. It is really nice actually, from JCPenny's from the 60's. It has wood (real wood) around it. We don't have cable. But this is at home. I can see the benefits in working in an environment surrounded by technology now. When I first started my job, I was definitely scared by it, but I was also confident that I could handle whatever I needed to. I am more curious about technology now. I just recently got a Kindle and I love it.

At work, I can feel connected to everyone. At home it is more isolated. I am happy with this divide. I personally like not being super available at home. It is my place to relax. I kind of get the best of both worlds. I get my social need taken care of during the day at work and I get my quiet alone with my husband time, or alone by myself time, at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment