Friday, October 9, 2009

METEDL #1

(METEDL=My Experiences with Technology in Every Day Life) #1

Last night was my first blog response, starting a week of blogging where I am supposed to talk about my experiences with technology. I talked mostly about photoworks 3.

Today I have more time to reflect on the different types of technology I use every day. At work I use the internet. I am constantly researching hotels, cities, tourist attractions online. I am also using email all day and IMing between colleagues. I use a phone when travel agents call and need help planning trips for their clients.

Right now it is slow season in the travel industry, so I have time to: play spider solitaire, calculate my debts, read the paper (both paper verion & online), tweet, blog, talk politics (ugh), text on my cell phone, read poetry online, read articles online about health, search the MLS for new listings and dream about one day having a house, email my husband, doodle on my notepad, watch the clock...tick...tick...tick...

What technology is to me right now is a way to occupy my time. When I get home I may or may not rely on technology to entertain me, it depends on if my husband is home or not. I usually like quiet, but he does not. Together we like to watch movies online through Netflix. Sometimes we just listen to music.

Technology helps me do my job when I am busy. I can't do my job without it. If the internet is down I cannot make hotel reservations and cannot set up city tours/transfers. If the phones are down, I will not get calls.

I think tomorrow I will just blog about what I am doing and what technology I am using, but today I wanted to reflect more on the different types of technology I use and why.

No comments:

Post a Comment