Thursday, October 15, 2009

Reflections on BEDUC 566 #3

This week class was pretty relaxed. The main thing that we worked on was our digital stories.

I learned how to add some music that I found earlier on the Internet. Bobby helped, but I figured out most everything on my own.
What I want to learn how to do is add my voice to the story. I have a short storyline that I would like to read and have the music softly playing in the background. Hopefully we will get that covered next week.

What I am most interested in for next week is talking about the significance of social activity w/ relation to chapter one & two of Gladwell's Outliers. Both of these chapters illustrated a different type of success. Both forms of success were related to social activity. Chapter one was more direct, but chapter two was kind of contradictory. At once Gladwell states that computer programming is a field that is not filled with "the old boys," so you advance because of your own talent. However, Gladwell then said that the boys who were successful (Joy & Gates) were given opportunities. The opportunities were the result of social connections. I am looking forward to our class discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment