Monday, October 26, 2009

Reflections on BEDUC 566 #4

Last week in class we shared our observations with children using technology. For most people it seemed that the children they had observed had had positive interactions with technology. A couple of issues were brought up: for children who are not exposed to technology (such as computers, internet), how can we help them so that they can assimilate into a technolocially dominant world?, and also an idea about courtesy/manners in the digital world, why do parents ignore the importance of teaching their children how to interact with others online? As Michael pointed out, there needs to be some parental involvement so kids are clearly misbehaving online (foul/sexually explicit language in WOW).

What I gained most from class last week was a definite urge to make sure I address online manners if I can fit it in somehow to a lesson. Reflecting on Outliers (esp the article about Bill Gates and Joy, etc), I am thinking, how can I create opportunities for my kids, so that they can find a passion and be successful?

For class on Thursday this week we are supposed to have picked our technology articles. I am hoping that we will get more of an idea of what is expected of us in regards to our papers.

1 comment:

  1. I will do my best to make sure you know exactly what is expected of you for your paper.

    ReplyDelete